Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Uh-oh! Fried Pickles

 I did something bad last night as a treat for my will-never-gain-weight boyfriend. I fried up some pickles.
I never deep fry anything, so this was something foreign to me, it took a while to realize what would be the perfect time to remove them, etc.

Regardless, I'm unsure of the point plus value for them. Help??

 Ingredients:
Vegetable Oil 
2 cups all-purpose flour 
1 tsp salt 
1 tsp pepper 
1 tsp sugar 
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
4 cups pickle chips

Serves 4-8






                                                                                     

Heat your oil in a deep fryer, or a deep pan until oil sizzles when water is flicked into it. Combine the flour,, salt, pepper, sugar and cayenne in a large mixing bowl and mix until well blended.





Toss in wet (but drained) pickles into dry mix. Shake off excess flour mix. Place the pickle chips in the hot oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the pickles are floating. Remove from oil and place on a plate lined with paper towel.  Repeat until all pickles have been cooked.








So how many points plus do you think that'd be? Let's say we  used 3 cups of vegetable oil.

This week I'm going to experiment with baking them to avoid the oil.

1 comment:

  1. This is yummy... I think this weekend. I will try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete