Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin


For all of my Weight-Watchers readers out there, I wanted to eliminate the fear of pork. Personally, for a while I kept my meals exclusively to chicken or turkey; beef and pork were danger zones in my head. I'm sure I'm not alone on that.

Anyways, my boyfriend was begging me to make something other than those two things as our protein portions and I finally looked some into pork. I was surprised to see for 4oz. of tenderloin it's only 4P+.

Ingredients: 
1 pork tenderloin (apprx. 1lb)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsps smoked paprika
2 tsps ground cumin
2 tsps salt
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil

Makes 4 servings
 


Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.

In a shallow dish, combine paprika, red pepper flakes, cumin and salt. Drizzle your tenderloin with the olive oil and rub so it's even and moist. Roll your pork in the spice mix and shake off any excess spice. Place your pork in a roast pan and roast for roughly 15-20 minutes; your meat should read to be about 145 degrees with a thermometer.

When the pork is finished, allow it to rest outside of the oven for about 5 minutes. Cut and serve with desired sides.

(4oz/serving)
Protein: 23.29 / Fat: 6.13 / Carbs: 0 / Fiber: 0

4 Points Plus / Serving


No comments:

Post a Comment